2023 - Madhabs 101
We are currently enrolling for this course.
Language of delivery:
This course explores the rich history of Islamic Legal Thought; and the development of Islamic Jurisprudence (Law) from the time of the Prophet salaAllahu alaihi wa sallam to the emergence of the four schools of thought.
Through engaging lectures and interactive discussions, you'll gain a deep understanding of the inspiring lives and distinctive methodologies of the Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, and Hanbali schools, and how they continue to shape the practice of Islam today.
Some of the Questions to be answered:
• What is a Madhab? How did Madhabs develop?
• How are they connected to the teachings of the Prophet salaAllahu alaihi wa sallam?
• Do we have to follow a Madhab?
• Can I pick and choose between Madhabs?
• What are my options if I choose not to follow a Madhab?